Sr Principal Engineer - Software Certification15249">Sr Principal Engineer - Software Certification
Job Code :15249
Division :AAG - Central Group Irvine
Location :Fort Worth TX US 76116
% of Travel Required :40-50%
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :Bachelor''s Degree
Category :Engineering,Computers, Software,Aerospace/Aviation/Defense
Job Description :
Researches and carries out complex or innovative engineering and scientific assignments requiring the development and integration of new technologies, products, or processes. Act as the primary expert advisor on complex technical issues; develops solutions and/or reviews technical decisions with major organizational and customer impact. Contributes to and has responsibility for completion of significant special assignments with broad product, technology investment and integration, customer and strategic impact.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
____ Has Direct Reports _X__ Does Not Have Direct Reports
Guide and provide technical direction on advanced research. Has significant interaction with customers and senior technical community. May represent the company at technical associations.
1. Develops complex new or refined materials, processes, products, concepts and/or scientific methods by applying advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for assigned area. Promotes the advancement and effective utilization of technology in products and processes.
2. Communicates and coordinates directly with other senior technical representatives (e.g. suppliers, customers, government) to reach agreement on specific technical issues. Maintains frequent formal and informal customer interface on technical issues.
3. Evaluates advanced project specifications/proposals by studying product or system design and customer technical program requirements (including performance, service and support, and data requirements), to identify emerging technology feasibility, opportunities and risks.
4. Provides expert technical advice and recommendations; may support multiple business units or divisions. Leads major design and technical project reviews. Advises on regulatory and intellectual property concerns.
5. Operationalizes new technologies in specialty or related areas to improve cost and performance by applying advanced engineering design methods, theories, and research techniques.
6. Completes comprehensive research and analysis concerning manufacturing, processing, or test techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering strategic planning.
7. Communicates and coordinates directly with other senior technical representatives of suppliers, customers, government, or general program information and specific technical issues. Serves as primary contact on product capabilities and future efforts.
8. Conducts analysis and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials or processes and publishing findings and/or results. May review and/or approve the work of others.
9. Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or products. Assesses the soundness of tests when necessary data are insufficient or conformation by testing is advisable. Develops and/or evaluates acceptance engineering evaluation and qualification/certification test plans, procedures and reports.
10. Ensures consistent engineering standards, processes, and documentation methods are used in project deliverable. Establishes and maintains engineering history files and related information to archive technical activities.
11. Maintains advanced level of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
12. Acts as consultant to senior management on technical matters. Identifies mentoring and development needs; serves as a mentor for other employees. May serve as division or functional specialist.
Job Requirements :
· Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) Certificate) in an engineering or a science technical discipline; Masters or Ph.D advanced degree preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 12-15 years of related experience.
· Expert knowledge of emerging product or domain engineering theories (e.g. mechanical, electronic, packaging, etc.), principles, industry practices, concepts, techniques, government regulations, and policies. Advances the portfolio of knowledge through submitting publications or invention patents.
· Demonstrated ability to research, develop, and integrate new technologies.
· Ability to communicate and influence varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues. Makes effective presentations on complex topics to top management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders.
· Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
· Proficient with software and specialized data analysis, research methodologies, and engineering design tools.
· Ability to provide technical direction to the team, customers, or suppliers at project milestones.
· Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or other internal teams.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Offer Relocation :Yes