More Jobs at Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
…area that the employee works? Quiet Somewhat Quiet Somewhat Noisy Noisy _x Very Noisy Keyword: Warehouse Manager From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods , Inc .
verbal and written communication skills. REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Valid Drivers License Keyword: Cost Accountant From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
communication) Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus Keyword: Inventory Control, Coordinator, Warehouse, Shipping, Receiving From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.
TheQuality Assurance Manageris responsible for developing, planning and directing quality activities in support of the Company''s quality assurance operations and goals, ensuring that company standards are achieved and maintained with a targeted emphasis on continuous improvement, providing support, structure and documented formalized training for employees within the organization in all areas. This position is a key member of the management team and has direct budget responsibility for all areas which fall under his/her supervision. The position requires a hands-on, self-starter with the ability to motivate and lead subordinates and others. The Quality Assurance Manager must be a skilled communicator who is able to convey information, ideas and policy to all levels within the organization.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Manage and Lead the daily activities of Quality Assurance and Sanitation departments
* Responsible for hiring and managing performance of employees of assigned departments
* Establishes individual and departmental goals
* Develop and implement tracking programs to monitor progress of departmental goals and provided trend analysis to management
* Develop and implement KPIs that monitor adherence to company quality standards and progress in continuous improvement programs
* Responsible for ensuring the employees are trained, understand and follow company GMPs and food safety practices and adhere to established quality standards and safety guidelines.
* Establish formalized and scheduled training programs for all company employees in the areas of Quality Assurance and Sanitation that will instill and foster a "quality first" attitude company wide.
* Implement employee monitoring and testing procedures to measure and validate progress of individual employees.
* Develop policies, procedures and systems for the management of 3rd party audits
* Responsible for external and internal product testing.
* Responsible for maintaining current records of all QA data which include current product and ingredient specifications and vendor qualifications as well as MSDS data.
* Develop, implement and oversee vendor qualification programs, supplier audits and monitoring programs.
* Handles all communication and coordination of activities with all regulatory agencies including USDA, FDA, Health Department and Waste Water.
* Development of departmental budgets.
* This position reports to the Director of Quality Assurance. The number of reports varies by departments and includes supervisory, non-exempt and temporary employees.
* Strong USDA experience
* HACCP Certification
* Bachelors Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or related disciplines
* 10 years management experience within the food industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of manufacturing principles and business practices
* Knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing concepts
* Demonstrates a solid sense of fiscal responsibility and has experience in developing and managing budgets
* Expert at hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
* Strong creative, strategic, organizational, collaboration and leadership skills
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to present information in an advisory capacity, facilitate meetings and conduct trainings effectively at every level of the organization.
* Bi-lingual is a plus (Spanish)
* Excellent multi-tasking, analytical and decision making skills with the ability to troubleshoot, identify root cause and systematically solve problems
* Experience in food regulatory compliant food safety program development and implementation
* Training program development and implementation experience with emphasis in understanding the resident population in the facility
* Strong computer skills including MS Office (with ERP system experience preferred)
Keyword: Quality Assurance Manager
From: Del Monaco Specialty Foods, Inc.