Continuous Improvement Coordinator
This is more than a job posting for the Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and apply your craft in a creative, conscious and characterful culture.
As a Staff Engineer - Continuous Improvement Coordinator this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge. This role will lead continuous improvement efforts and provide engineering analysis for the Huntsville facility. Internal consultant for the implementation of the KOS (Kohler Operating System) including coordination of workshop initiatives, tracking of metrics and training.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
• Support manufacturing operations in the development and implementation of systems based on the principles of speed and flexibility in flow, reliability and minimum variation in quality, and team-based performance in organizational design.
• Participate with Engineers, as an extension of project teams.
• Develop, optimize and maintain manufacturing processes as well as administrative processes.
• Insure that training is conducted and teams are facilitated so that proposals may be made for new and improved processes and systems, affecting safety, quality, delivery, cost and associate satisfaction.
• Manage the KOS budgeting process through implementation & verification.
• Have advanced knowledge of all facets of KOS or similar lean manufacturing and process improvement methods. Understands the inter-relationships between the three key facets of KOS (flow, quality, and organization) and how to apply the methodology to both manufacturing and business processes.
• Have a thorough understanding of the Kohler Six-Step Improvement Model or similar problem solving method.
• Demonstrate expert skill in multiple facets of KOS.
• Conduct training on KOS continuous improvement tools as well as statistical analysis techniques.
• Act as a team facilitator for internal workshops – teams will consist of administrative/professional and hourly associates, and teams will address tactical problems with a project focus.
• Act as team facilitator for Kaizen and Business Process Redesign teams.
• Determine individual needs and provide development opportunities for plant team leaders through personal example, coaching, teaching and best practice sharing.
• Assist in the management of all aspects of the external consultant process.
• Manage the information systems used for project documentation and tracking of key metrics.
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from an ABET accredited engineering program, or a PE license.
• 8 or more years of work experience or advanced technical degree with 6 or more years work experience.
• Training and/or team facilitations experience required.
• Basic Understanding of Business Process Redesign (BPR), Standard Work, and Quick Die Change (SMED)
• Proven successes using continuous process improvement methods and techniques.