Overview and Essential Functions
A successful Crew Supervisor shall be responsible for oversight of one or more aerial and/or underground telecommunication construction crews; responsible for ensuring that the installation, maintenance, and/or repair of a customer's telecommunications equipment is completed safely, timely, and accurately. At a minimum, the position requires a good working knowledge of telecommunications construction; familiarity with aerial lift devices, utility lines/poles, and various other telecommunications construction equipment, and the functionality of each; ability to use cable placement equipment and tools; ability to identify and troubleshoot problems.
• Supervise, develop, and provide leadership to employees of an assigned area, department, or project.
• Review tasks and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Implement and maintain processes to assist completion of tasks in support of an assigned area, department, or project.
• Communicate with employees, contractors, vendors, and/or customers to assist an assigned area, department, or project.
• Associates Degree in a related field or 3 years of related work experience.
• Previous supervisory and/or managerial experience.
• Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check.
In order to perform this job, you must demonstrate, either by training or experience:
• the ability to work safely, with or without supervision;
• the ability to coordinate the activities of others;
• the ability to work standing, at shoulder height and overhead, for extended periods;
• the ability to lift and manipulate lasher and other cable placement equipment;
• the ability to work aloft, either from a ladder, aerial lift device, or by gaffing;
• excellent manual dexterity;
• the ability to organize work load to determine priority of duties;
• the ability to communicate with Company personnel, customers, and contractors to ensure tasks are completed.
• the ability to understand and operate equipment, including, but not limited to an aerial lift device, lasher, and hand tools;
Benefits and Company Summary
What you'll get...
Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Short and Long Term Disability
Supplemental Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
Stock Purchase Plan
Paid Time Off and Holidays
Who we are...
We are a company united in our vision of connecting America. Our culture is grounded in and shaped by our values. These values act as our behavioral compass and guide how we interact with each other, our customers, and the communities in which we operate. Across our teams, we strive to treat each other with respect, value different perspectives and experiences, keep our and others' safety top of mind, and uphold the highest ethical standards.
Our company supplies the single most critical resource telecom service providers need: skilled people. We serve the nation from more than 50 field offices and are unparalleled in scope and scale.
Our talented workforce of over 1500 employees provides a wide array of specialty services including construction, engineering, underground facility locating, fulfillment, and program management. We provide opportunities for our people to learn and develop the skills and knowledge to be successful in their current role as well as to prepare them for future growth within the company. Join us!
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. ( ~~~ )
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.