Performs inspection and packaging of plastic parts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removes parts from conveyor belt or occasionally from mold, and pack parts as required by count or weight in boxes or totes.
- Visually inspect parts for defects as noted on QPM and sample boards, to ensure quality parts are being packed in compliance with specified requirements.
- May cut off runners with gate cutters and inspect such things as springs or screws to ensure finished part meets specifications.
- Enters information on log sheets such as in-process books every two hours as quality checks are made to ensure product consistency and conformity to quality standards.
- Understands production records and is able to keep accurate counts of accepted, rejected and scrapped product as noted on packing logs.
- Lift and carry boxes (up to 20 lbs.) to pallets for removal to shipping or storage. On occasion may use pallet jack to move pallets of boxes or totes.
- Responsible for keeping the assigned work area well organized, clean and neat. Keeps area clean by using a broom and dust pan and ensuring walk ways are clear by keeping boxes etc. out of the way. This also includes cleaning machines and auxiliary equipment and assigned by shift.
- Alerts shift supervisor of machine malfunction.
- Performs additional assignments as directed by Supervisor, such as rework, etc.
- Maintains effective working relationships with other coworkers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school Diploma or GED preferred.
- The ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions.
- The ability to work with coworkers in a team environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers.
- Ability to maintain and understand records and data.
- Ability to use two and four wheeled hand trucks, pallet jacks.
- Requires manual dexterity.
- Moderate physical demand involving lifting and moving of materials and equipment.
- Frequently moves from waist level to floor level.
- Continuous mental and visual attention to produce quality products.
- Must be able to stand entire shift (8 – 12 hrs)
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term & Short Term Disability, Critical Care and Accident Coverage, Pet Insurance, Wellness Program, Vacation, Sick Time, 401K with Match,9 paid holiday's and work/life balance...plus much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer