At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
Set up and operate manual machines according to specifications, to produce complex parts such as shafts, housings, pistons, impellers, and blades.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Read blueprints to determine what equipment and materials are necessary for the job
• Attaches fixture to machine table, positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions, using clamps, bolts and hand tools.
• Follow blueprints to create the appropriate tools and components
• Assembles specific tooling in tool holders and position tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools.
• Operate your machines to grind, cut, and polish the materials
• Starts machine operation by pressing cycle start button: Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools/inserts. Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
• Inspects machined work piece to verify conformance to specifications, using instruments, such as indicators, gauges, calipers, micrometers, templates and/or masterwork piece.
• Manually deburrs edges of machined metal work pieces to remove burrs and sharp edges, using a metal file.
• Performs minor maintenance on machinery and tooling.
• Keeps work area neat, clean and orderly: Lubricates machine daily. Changes worn cutters. Wipes
down machinery daily. Puts away hand tools and measuring devices when not in use. Sweeps and mops area around workstation daily.
• Organizes materials to be processed and that are already done at the start and end of each workday.
• Perform work duties according to all safety standards, policies, procedures, and rules as set by federal and state regulations and the Company. Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Attend and successfully complete training as required and necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Other duties as required.
Minimum Education/Training/ Experience:
• High school diploma or GED Equivalent. Machinist vocational certificate or completed industry apprenticeship a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years of manual machine tending experience and demonstrated mechanical ability.
• Reasoning ability to apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or graphic form.
• Mathematical ability to calculate variables, formulas, square roots and radicals; calculate dimensions of plane and solid surfaces; understand kinds of angles and properties of pairs of angles. Ability to impart knowledge to workers.
• Requires excellent manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbal and written.
• Ability to read and understand safety rules, instructions in the use and maintenance of shop tools and equipment, and methods and procedures in operations sheets and hand sketches.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions and are not intended to be an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The Company reserves the right to modify or revise the job duties or job descriptions in part or in their entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be provided in accordance with governing law.
Job ID: 132435BR
City: Fort Worth
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.